Tips for Writing Effective Yellow Letters CopyAll The Leads
The more technologically-advanced the world gets, the more some of us are tempted to abandon methods of communication that seem quaint and out-dated. Well, a yellow letter is a method of communicating with sellers that seems quaint on the surface but can be effective when it is crafted in the correct manner. In other words, communicating with potential sellers is never going to be out-dated. And communication – both written and oral – is a large part of what we as real estate professions do.
What Are Yellow Letters?
Yellow letters are a form of direct mail marketing utilizing yellow, lined paper in order to look more personal. As such, some of the rules governing how to effectively use other kinds of direct mail apply to yellow letters as well. Some of them do. Yellow letters can be very effective when you create them in such a manner as to stand out from the tons of other mail your prospects receive on a daily basis. Here’s a quick primer on how to add color to your real estate marketing efforts using yellow letters.
- Know your audience: You must know something about the people you are trying to reach in order to tailor your pitch to fit their needs. Otherwise you will be taking shots in the dark and blowing your advertising budget. Do your research first.
- Carefully draft your letter: Make a draft before composing your letter and watch things such as length and word usage. Be sure to add as much detail as you can so that interested consumers can reach you if they want.
- Tell them what you want them to do: Never assume readers know what it is that you want them to do. Make your call to action clear and succinct.
- Create the actual letters: After you have created a framework for your letter it will then be time to write them. If you are not confident in your writing abilities, you can hire others to do this.
- Track your data: Just as with any advertising campaign you will need to be able to track your results so that you will have actionable data when you need it.
Although there are expenses involved in creating, tracking and utilizing the data gathered by yellow letters, they should still be an essential part of your overall marketing strategy. Another part of your marketing strategy that you should utilize is our probate real estate leads. These – and the education our archival phone conferences can bring you – can help give you the edge over the competition. Real estate lead generation websites are also a tool that the successful professional can use to grow his/her business.